Serves 2 – 4 people
Ingredients:4 to 6 Aubergines – Genie (depends on the size)
20 ml olive oil
1 tbsp Tahini
2 garlic cloves crushed
Squeeze of juiced lemon
Salt & pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
Coriander or Rose petals or Zaatar
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees. Cut the aubergines lengthways and score them, drizzle with olive oil add a pinch of salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the flesh from the skin, transfer the flesh to a colander for 3 minutes, then place it in mixer or hand blender with the rest of the ingredients: tahini paste, lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic and salt & pepper. Blend well until a velvety, succulent puree forms.
- Alternatively, blend 2 halves with the skin on to make it darker and richer in taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, or and rose petals or Za'atar*
To serve: Serve in a dish as a starter with toasted pitta bread, carrot and cucumber sticks
Tip: Perfect side dish to enjoy with friends
* A fragrant Middle Eastern seasoning mix of herbs and spices