Apples, Beetroot, Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celeriac, Celery, Chestnuts, Chicory, Cranberries, Elderberries, Jerusalem Artichokes, Kale, Leeks, Onions, Parsnips, Pears, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Swede, Swiss Chard, Turnips, Watercress, Wild Mushrooms, Winter Squash.
Butternut Squash, Leek, and Pumpkin seed Risotto
- 600g squash peeled and diced to ½ cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 225g trimmed leek, washed and finely chopped
- 250g arborio rice
- 100ml dry white wine
- 800ml light vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp single cream
- Season to taste
4 tbsp maple syrup
Swiss chard salad leaves washed
- In a small frying pan heat 1 tbsp oil and lightly toast the pumpkin seeds until golden. Set aside.
- On a high heat add 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and sauté the squash with the cinnamon for approx 8 min or until soft to taste. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan heat 1 tbsp of oil to saute the leeks for approx 5 min or until soft. Again remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same large pan heat the remaining oil. Add the rice and stir until the grains are well coated and are starting to turn a very slight brown colour. Pour in the wine and stir until it is all absorbed and the liquid is bubbling and reduced.
- Add half the stock to the rice and simmer for approx 10 min or until the stock is absorbed. Ladle the remaining stock and cook until absorbed into the rice (you may not need all the stock).
- Once rice is tender but still very slightly al dente, add the cream and cook for a 1 minute before adding the cooked squash, leek and half of the pumpkin seeds. Season to taste and heat for a further minute. Remove from the heat, cover and rest for 1 minute.
- Serve it into large pasta bowls, sprinkle over the remaining pumpkin seeds, drizzle with maple syrup and garnish with some swiss chard salad leaves.