Aubergine, Apples, Beetroot, Blackberries, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celeriac, Celery, Chestnuts, Chicory, Chillies, Courgette, Cucumber, Elderberries, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Marrow, Onions, Parsnips, Pears, Peas, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Radishes, Rocket, Runner Beans, Spinach, Spring Greens, Spring Onions, Summer Squash, Swede, Sweetcorn, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress, Wild Mushrooms, Winter Squash.
Makes 8 cookies
110g root vegetable of your choice - fully cooked, drained and roughly chopped or mashedpictured are -
beetroot and 3g picked thyme roughly chopped
carrot with zest of ½ orange
parsnip and 1 tsp ground ginger
- 125g plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 40g unsalted butter
- 100g demerara sugar
- ½ egg
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and your choice of vegetable and flavour combination in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the butter and sugar until smooth. Cream together until well combined.
- Add the egg to the sugar and butter and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the dry ingredients 1 tablespoon at a time and mix well until the dough is uniform.
- Weigh the entire mix. It should be approximately 380g and divide it by 8 to make 8 cookies. Using a tablespoon take approximately 45-47g of cookie mix and place on to the baking parchment. Flatten and shape using the back of the spoon spacing the cookies 10cm apart from each other and from the edge of the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes. When the cookies are cooked they will have a cracked top and will be soft
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays. They will quickly harden as they cool down.
Follow Ben “Culinary” Cooper on Twitter Link @CulinaryBen